Signstation was developed with the support of SignAware a project funded by the Department of Work and Pensions in 2004 and 2005.
Sign Aware was designed to raise awareness about sign language as it can be used in the workplace. Many hearing people work alongside Deaf people, have Deaf customers and would like to recruit Deaf people. Sign Aware and Signstation was designed to help in this process and to provide more information to hearing people about the language that Deaf people use.
The ongoing support of Signstation is provided by University of Bristol Centre for Deaf Studies, 8 Woodland Road, Bristol BS8 1TN, United Kingdom
- Centre for Deaf Studies
- University of Bristol Centre for Deaf Studies, 8 Woodland Road, Bristol BS8 1TN, United Kingdom.
- Deaf studies trust
- Deaf Studies Trust, 16 Whiteladies Road, Bristol, BS8 2LG, United Kingdom.
- Institut für Deutsche Gebärdensprache und Kommunikation Gehörloser
(IDGS – Hamburg)
- Independent Media Signing
- IMS, 21 Soho square, London W1D 3QP, United Kingdom.
- SLIC Ltd
- The Sign Language Interpreting Centre. 6 Hazeldean Terrace Edinburgh EH16 5RU
- BSL video used in The Company and Amy & Zing was produced by Remark, 13-14 Greenwich Quay, Clarence Road, London, SE8 3EY, United Kingdom. http://www.remark.uk.com
- Created on Monday, 16 January 2012 14:29
- Published on Monday, 16 January 2012 14:29
- Hits: 1215